$$ Ataska n'Areia - European restaurant in Cascais, Portugal
Open on Google Maps
R. São Carlos 52, 2750-070 Cascais, Portugal
Contact+351 21 808 0567
Rating on Google Maps4.50 (965 reviews)
- Thursday: 12:30 to 3 pm, 7:30 to 11:30 pm
- Friday: 12:30 to 3 pm, 7:30 to 11:30 pm
- Saturday: 12:30 to 3 pm, 7:30 to 11:30 pm
- Sunday: 12:30 to 3 pm
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 12:30 to 3 pm, 7:30 to 11:30 pm
- Wednesday: 12:30 to 3 pm, 7:30 to 11:30 pm
- Accepts reservations
- Bar on site
- Good for kids
- Small plates
- Healthy options
- Late-night food
- Fast service
- Wheelchair-accessible car park
- Kerbside pickup
ReviewsFrequently mentioned in reviews: place (6) people (6)
5Todor N. 8 months agoAuthentic place, authentic and very friendly people. The cuisine was very delicious. The experience was amaizing. If you liked Tony Bordane, this is the place to go, guys. Dear people from the Ataska n'Areia, please don't change anything. Let the world get to know you as you are.
5Ursa U. 9 months agoFor us the best restaurant in Cascais! Perfect place to taste tipical portuguese drinks and food, most friendly people and charming ambient that makes you feel like home! Special mention goes to Maria Leonor (hopefully we remembered the name right), that made the evening even more memorable with her positive attitude and energy. We had salada de polvo, sapateira, amêijoas, choco frito and camarão a guilho and everything was absolutely delicious! (We do not want the prices to go up because we will definitely visit again, but for the quality and quantity prices are very very fair) Até logo!
5Leandro A. 10 months agoLovely typical Portuguese cuisine!!! Amazing staff!!! Must come and check it out……
5C. 4 years agoPopped in here for a light lunch after spending some time at a local beach and we may have had our favorite meal in all of Portugal here! The seafood is fresh fresh and prices are great. They take credit cards and serve drinks. Highly recommended.
5João A. 5 years agoThe missus and I had been looking for some good "pataniscas" nearby, but with little luck. Then we found this place and we finally hit the jackpot! The desserts we had were also pretty good (apple pie and Oreo mousse). Will surely go back to try some other plates. Oh, and the staff was also really nice.
5Michelle V. 5 years agoAuthentic. Excellent service. Great food and wine well priced. Our bill for lunch was under €20. Two meal of the day and a liter of vino verde. Best value.
5J. 4 years agoAtaska n'Areia is a great place to have dinners with friends for what we in Portuguese call 'pesticos' - what google would call small plates to share. Great prices for good quality. The only downside is that the place works with rounds (a trend with overly popular restaurants now) where you know you've to get in at a certain time and leave at an also previously set time. We chose the latest one so that we would not have to be kicked out and everything went great.
5David R. 5 months agoBest restaurant of Guincho!
4Maria João C. 4 years agoThis is a tavern-type restaurant, family friendly, that only serves “petiscos” (tapas). The ambience is informal with long tables and some booths with tables for 4 people. I visited over the weekend and the restaurant was full. The space is not prepared to stifle the sound of conversations and the noise of dishes and cutlery. The staff were very friendly and the service was quick. As for the tapas we were very pleased. We ordered five tapas for four people, I suggest the crab shell, the eggs with asparagus that were delicious, the clams “Bulhão Pato” style and the codfish patties (“pataniscas de bacalhau”) with bean rice. All the dishes were very well prepared, the doses were sufficient and the service was fast. We paid €60 for a meal for four people with a bottle of wine and a round of draft beers at arrival. I strongly recommend to make a reservation and I will definitely return for the food but I think that next time I will come on a weekday because I’m sure the ambience will be quieter.
Most Reviewed places nearby
- 4.40 Baía do Peixe - Cascais (4790 reviews) Waterfront Portuguese option with a deck
- 4.30 Capricciosa (4296 reviews) Outdoor seating
- 4.70 Penha Longa Resort (2822 reviews) €193
- 4.50 Furnas do Guincho (2783 reviews)
- 4.60 Mar do Inferno (2741 reviews) Outdoor seating
- 4.10 Jardim dos Frangos (2658 reviews) Cosy
- 4.40 Páteo do Petisco Torre (2401 reviews)
- 4.30 100 Montaditos (2395 reviews) Counter-serve Spanish-sandwich chain
- 3.90 Burger King (2299 reviews) Fast-food chain for grilled burgers
- 4.30 Hotel Baia (1898 reviews) €226
- 4.50 Marisco na Praça (1695 reviews) Great cocktails
- 4.70 Taberna Clandestina Cascais (1655 reviews) Italian-influenced pastas & sandwiches
- 4.20 Hamburgueria do Bairro - Cascais (1481 reviews) Cosy
- 3.00 Flamingo Restaurant , Cascais. (1442 reviews)
- 4.00 Boi na brasa (1330 reviews)